Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Dance


One of the great things about being a grandparent is watching the "firsts".   The first steps, first words, first day of school, first 'crush'.  Not only does it allow for great new memories of my grandchildren, it also gives me the opportunity to reflect on the memories of my children.   As you can imagine, there are tears!   

Last night, we had a new first.  The first dance!  The weeks prior were filled with anticipation, for sure!   New dress, new shoes.   Trying new hairstyles.  It was so much fun to talk with Evie and Lauren and hear their stories.  It took me back to memories of Sarah and how much fun we had preparing for her dances -and- the year that Ricky went to prom and wanted to wear RED Vans tennis shoes!  He won! 

I've not spoken with Lauren yet about how the dance went.  But I'm looking forward to hearing her stories of 'the first dance'.    Life is good! 

Lauren was glowing! She looked incredibly beautiful and was so excited!

Beautiful smile and sparkly eyes!

Grammie, PLEASE no more pictures!!!

Trying to get a photo of Lauren by herself was a bit of a challenge.  
'Someone' wouldn't leave her side!

This is our Lolo when she was about 4 years old.   
Where did the time go? 

I will admit that while writing/downloading and posting this there were lots of tears.   I feel like a big 'ol baby.  But, the tears are tears of joy and thankfulness.  The Lord has blessed me beyond measure with the treasures he has entrusted me with.  

Hugs and Kisses! 

Sharon


No comments: